Cashier's Checks & Money Orders
Cashier’s Checks and Money Orders are a great way to make payments when the funds must be guaranteed. From buying a vehicle to paying your rent, and everything in between, these two options are a great way to go. There is a $2 fee for these items. *
When should I use a Money Order vs. Cashier’s Check?
Use a Money Order when:
- You are mailing a payment and do not want to use a personal check or cash.
- You’re providing payment to someone you don’t know well, and would rather not use a personal check.
- You are unsure of the payee information at the time the check is issued.
Use a Cashier’s Check when:
- The amount of funds is in excess of $1,000.
- You’d like a more secure and credible form of payment.
* Some account types qualify for free Cashier’s Checks and Money Orders. Give us a call at 253-722-5212 to see if your account qualifies.
* If a Cashier’s Check is made out to you, or any other signers on the account, there will be no fee.
* Cashier's Checks can be sent through the mail ONLY if they are made payable to an account signer and mailed to the address on file.